Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Year's Day Polar Bear Plunge

(posted by Devin)

My brother Dallin and his girlfriend Shannon jumped in the ocean with him on New Year's Day. Like last year, I was not able to recruit many people to jump in with me--Lynette desperately wanted to jump in, but she was willing to make the sacrifice and be a team player and take the video. (she apologizes for the shaking video, she was just shivering).

The ocean was 40 degrees, which isn't too bad, but add the 29 degree weather and 200 yard post plunge run up the beach, and we were freezing. You are all invited for next year's plunge into Lake Tahoe on New Year's Day!







Stay tuned for more posts from our Christmas activities.

3 comments:

  1. Brrrrr. That sounds freezing, although Lake Tahoe has to be one of the prettiest places on earth. Love that lake.

    I'm with Lynette and taking the pics and video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO...you guys are CRAZY:) I have a hard time just taking a luke warm shower! I guess it's fun to be crazy sometimes though!

    ReplyDelete